Do you think your boyfriend would make a good husband? While passion is often enough to maintain a relationship in the beginning, there are other important qualities you should look for in someone if you plan on spending the rest of your life with them. Studies have shown that men who can make them laugh, who care about their family and friends, and who support them through the ups and downs in life are actually more important than looks. Listed below are 10 qualities of a man who you know will love you forever!
Qualities Of A Man Who Will Love You Forever
1. He Has The Same Values As You – An important part of any relationship is the compatibility of values. If your man isn’t aligned with what you are wanting in life, no matter how good-looking he might be, the relationship won’t last forever. Men and women have different opinions about a lot of things, but if you can find someone who thinks the same way as you do about the big things in life (marriage, money, travel..etc), the relationship will be much easier.
2. He Protects You – A man who is going to love you forever will always want to make you feel safe, both physically and emotionally. That’s simply because men should naturally feel protective over the woman they love. A study published in the Physiology & Behavior journal shows that male’s testosterone makes them feel protective over their partner’s safety and well-being. So, does your man protect you? Not just from physical harm, but does he make sure you’re protected when any negative situations arise? If so, then you’ve found yourself a good man.
3. He Can Break Tension With A Joke – The perfect man can break the tension with a well-placed joke. He might not be overly funny, but he can make you laugh when you need it most. A good sense of humor is high on a woman’s wish list for her perfect guy. And it’s no wonder: guys who can make you laugh are worth keeping around. In fact, one study found that humor reveals intelligence and predicts mating success. Life is hard and if someone can break the ice, release the tension, and make you see things from a different perspective, he’s a keeper.
4. He Cares About Your Friends And Family – Guys aren’t known for their empathy or communication skills. If your man is tuned into your friends and family ask asks about them, cares about them, and treats them with the same respect he treats you, that’s a good thing. When you’re dating a guy who can get along with your dad or best friend, that says a lot about him. It can be hard to bring new people into our lives, but if he fits right in, that’s great news for you.
5. He Respects You And What You Bring To The Table – Sometimes, it’s hard to find someone who sees the best in you. If you’ve had a string of failed relationships, you might be feeling vulnerable to allow a new man into your life and see what you are all about. But don’t worry, he already knows. He can see what makes you special from a mile away and he wants you to celebrate how awesome you are. He knows how smart you are and what you can bring to his life as well as your own. According to author Dr. John Gottman, if a man rejects his female’s partner’s influence, it may be a sign he has power issues.
6. He Knows What Integrity Is All About – Integrity is about doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking. If you question whether or not you can trust him when you are around, you will have a hard time trusting him when you aren’t there to watch everything he is doing. But, how can you tell if a guy has integrity? Listen to how he speaks about other people. What kind of actions does he approve of and what are his values? What does he talk about with you and are there things you feel are being left out of the conversation? How do other people treat him and what do others say about him? You can learn a lot about a person by what others think of him.
7. He Is Happy To Lead Or Follow – A man who will love you forever has integrity and is not threatened by a strong woman. So, if you feel the need to take charge of what is going on around you, he’ll give you space to do that. But, he is also perfectly happy to take charge if the situation calls for it. There are no scorned feelings here because he knows you two are partners; it’s not a competition.
8. He Understands That Love Requires Work – No relationship is perfect, even if it’s with the perfect guy. But that’s what makes him so perfect: he knows that he is going to have to show up and work at this relationship so that it will last. He isn’t taking anything for granted. Understanding that you’ll have ups and downs in your relationship means he’s ready to do the work that’s required to make things work between the two of you.
9. He Knows How To Use His Manners – It’s not that men are rude, but when guys have proper manners, they really stand out. Guys who do things like hold doors, pull out chairs, say thank you, ask how you are doing, and introduce you to other people in a way that makes you feel important will love you forever. Manners imply that a man is putting you before himself. It implies that he is thinking about you and the other people around him. You might not put lots of stock into someone who has manners, but it says a lot about his upbringing and what he values in other people, as well as himself.
10. He Is Honest – A man who respects you will always tell you the truth, even if it is hard to do. There’s a big difference between being a jerk and being candid. Sometimes hard conversations need to be had in relationships, and if he respects you, he’ll be able to have those conversations with you. If he doesn’t, you’ll find him drinking beer with his buddies trying to avoid the situation. A real man will step up even when it’s uncomfortable because he knows the relationship, and you, are worth it.