Whether you’re in the early stages of a relationship or years down the road with this man, you can always use some tips on how to make your husband or boyfriend feel loved. After all, we all want to feel loved, right? Yet, sometimes we overlook what’s right in front of us and make love for granted. We all need to feel loved and appreciated, and you can give that gift to your partner by making a deposit into your Emotional Bank Account.
What’s an emotional bank account? Consider it where the two of you share your emotions and closeness. An argument or careless comment might make a withdrawal from that virtual bank account, while the tips below on how to make your boyfriend feel loved will reap dividends. Focus your attention on growing your emotional wealth, not taking away from it.
How To Make A Man Feel Loved And Respected
1. Be There For Him – This doesn’t mean you need to go into lockdown all day with your man, but you can give him so much attention it will make him feel like a king. If you have to be away for some time, remember to check on him or send him some romantic messages to let him know you’re thinking of him. Consider taking him out sometime. Make him happy by hanging out with him only. Don’t always turn down requests by him to take you out. Instead, accept them and wear something gorgeous! Have you ever tried spending quality time with your man in a world that says ‘just the two of us?’ Give this a trial today. One thing some women don’t realize is that when your man feels loved and happy, he will go out of his way to make you feel the same way as well.
2. Give Him Listening Ears – Try listening to your boyfriend. If he tells you he wants some things it’s because he needs to feel happy in the relationship. He needs to know that you would do whatever he asks from you because you love him. Be assured that if you truly do everything for his happiness he will do the same for you if you ask for it. Just like women, men are unable to read minds, so don’t be upset if things don’t go how you want them to. If you don’t communicate then it’s your fault. If communication is good, keep trying and things will eventually fall into place. Listen to your man and pick up cues too, where you don’t know what to do, ask him questions.
3. Shower Him With Praises – Women generally love to be praised and most men know it, so they use it to make their women happy. It’s a societal thing to see the man as someone who is tough and hard, but inside every man is a boy who wants to be told something good. There is a boy waiting to hear some nice words, especially from the woman he loves. He wants to hear you tell him he’s handsome. He wants to hear you say you’re privileged having him in your world.
4. Be Appreciative – Be courteous and appreciative. It never hurts to say thank you to your man. Don’t wait until he returns home with a gift bag before you appreciate him. Express gratitude for the times he helped with house chores, the times he held the crying baby while you prepared dinner. Think outside the box and prepare your own list of “things to say thank you to my boyfriend for.” If you think it over for a few minutes, you will see there are many things to be grateful for. This is one of the best ways to make your boyfriend feel loved and respected!
5. Don’t Be Too Dependent – Men love strong and independent women. Want to know one simple way to make your man happy? Don’t sit around waiting for what your man will bring to the table. It doesn’t have to be a 9 to 5, but following your passion is one thing that will definitely make him happy. Every man finds happiness when he sees his lady succeeding and living her dream. Don’t just sit around waiting for a man to fulfill you. Instead, get a hobby and pursue a career. Look for what you can do easily and go after purpose.
6. Surprise Him – Most people view surprises as throwing lavish parties or buying tickets for two to an exotic location. Those are great and all, but it doesn’t stop there because not everyone can afford those lavish things. How about starting small and growing into something big instead? Surprising your boyfriend could be thinking ahead of him and solving some issues. It could be washing the car before he gets up to do it. It could be bringing him lunch at work or getting him a new pair of shoes. Surprises will have a way of putting smiles on his face. It doesn’t have to be a once in a while thing, try to inculcate it into your ritual and you will be glad you did. All of the above comes from a heart that loves genuinely. If your motive for being with your man is real love, then doing any of the above will come naturally. When you love your man, you will respect him and treat him like the king he is.
7. Be Supportive – As the saying goes, behind every successful man is a woman. Can your man say that about you? What support have you shown in his life? Do you tear him down or build him up? Being a supportive girlfriend (or wife) means showing interest in his career, hobbies and life goals. Men thrive on the support they receive from the woman in their life. Learn to massage their ego sometimes and see how they respond. Watch out for the times he’s silent and try to find out why he’s troubled. Try listening to his problems and offer advice to help soothe his pain. You might have the right words to say to him that will encourage him and help him go through whatever storm he’s facing. There is no better way on how to make your man happy than to believe in him and his dreams also.